Life is constantly moving. People change, come and go. You make mistakes and learn some lessons. You also grow and fight back stronger than ever, and everyday is a new opportunity to grow into the person you’ve always wanted to be.
I wanted to write a list to remind myself of a few things that help me on good and bad days, and to also help anyone who might need to hear it too.
Here are my 25 things to remember in 2020;
1. You don’t need to know exactly what you want to do and where you see your life going.
2. As long as you know what is important to you and who you are, you should be proud of yourself.
3. You can’t undo anything you’ve done in the past, but you can learn and grow from it. The first step is forgiving yourself – it’s okay to make mistakes in the process of learning, everyone does.
4. Most people your age will either be out partying 3/4 nights a week or completely settled down. It’s okay to be somewhere in the middle or so far the other way (as long as you are healthy). Someone out there is doing the exact same as you, and your paths will cross when you’re meant to.
5. For every finger you point at someone else, there are three pointing back at you.
6. Your words really are spells. Be kind and speak only what you truly want, for you and for others.
7. Everything in moderation. And i’m not just talking chocolate and broccoli – i’m talking people, self-doubt, work, play etc.
8. Value yourself and your time, if someone isn’t listening – stop speaking.
9. Even when you think you’ve outgrown a girls sleepover…you haven’t. Nothing beats Little Mix, a glass of Rosè and pyjama parties.
10. Your career is important yes, but stressing over every last detail won’t help you be any more successful.
11. Even when you think no one cares, open up and you will realise just how many people do.
12. Friends come and go and come again throughout life. When ones start to feel like family, they’re the ones you should keep close.
13. Do not be afraid to walk away. From your job, your relationship, your friends. Anything that doesn’t make you happy right now, does not deserve your energy. It’s not always forever, but right now, do what’s best for you and just close the door.
14. Fresh starts can be scary, but they are always worth it in the end. The universe is guiding you to be exactly where you are today.
15. Don’t let anxiety cripple you – make time to figure out what is making you anxious, cry it out and try again tomorrow.
16. ‘Don’t think, just do!’ This has been my mantra for years, mainly before I go to the gym! But it really does work. Whenever I sit and think about all the other things I could be doing other than the gym, I’ve already talked myself out of it. Just do it (not an ad haha). You will feel 100 times better once you’ve completed whatever you wanted to do.
17. Don’t worry about what other people are doing. They sure as hell aren’t worrying about you.
18. It’s okay to take some time out. Incubating your energy is sometimes the best and only way to heal.
19. Just because you enjoy different things to the majority, it does not make you weird!
20. It’s okay to feel lost and confused, everyone is.
21. Some days you’ll feel motivated and carefree, and others you’ll feel lost and worthless. It’s Ying and Yang! And a single emotion is not full time.
22. There really is no better meal than a home cooked one shared with loved ones.
23. Tea and Biscuits is the cure to any bad day (and you should never pay more than 50p for a packet of Oreos).
24. It you want something, water it everyday. Never underestimate the power of planting a seed.
And finally, my favourite one of all…
25. What’s meant to be yours, will always find you!
You might also like: